Sunday, March 9

It is true that I have my young king who genuinely adores me. You cannot form an idea of our relations. I recall one of the dreams of my youth. I once dreamed that Shakespeare was alive: that I really saw and spoke to him: I can never forget the impression that dream made on me. 

Then I would have wished to see Beethoven, though he was already dead. Something of the same kind must pass in the mind of this lovable man when with me. He says he can hardly believe that he really possesses me. None can read without astonishment, without enchantment, the letters he writes to me. 

Richard Wagner to Mme Eliza Wille
15th May, 1865


LUDWIG OTTO FRIEDRICH WILHELM
loves
WILHELM RICHARD WAGNER

L = 5
O = 2
V = 0
E = 4
S = 0

5 + 2 + 0 + 4 + 0
7 + 2 + 4 + 0
9 + 6 + 4
1 + 5 + 1 + 0
6 + 6 + 1
1 + 2 + 7

39%

No comments: